A regular burgers’ meeting is an arrangement between the city and the districts. Mayor armin warmuth wants to listen to the suggestions and concerns also in small parts of the village, as it is untereschenbach. Most of the time, it’s not sensational news that the head of the town hall hears about, but at least he learns about things that even he doesn’t know and can report on new local aspects.
Monument protection switched on
Thus he informed in the centgrave hall about a prominent building in the village, the so called "kihn’sche anwesen", which has been empty for decades. In order to preserve at least the facade, studies of the inventory are initiated by the state office for the preservation of monuments (lfd), which recommends appropriate mabnahmen. The building, erected in 1593, was the family seat of wilhelm katzmann von englib, a centgrave of fulda with his seat of office at saaleck castle. The building with its eventful history went through numerous trades, the last one being that of the brewery owner kihn, whose heirs bewitched the good one. A second, exposed building in the district is the fortified church built around 1100 on a small hill. The proposal of local spokesman albrecht leurer to illuminate the church of auben is not yet fully developed, but could be realized in the near future with the installation of spotlights. The players from untereschenbach will decide the outcome. It is certain that the walled cemetery church, which once provided protection for the residents, will receive a new entrance gate. How possibly the entrance or a guided tour can be offered to visitors, a question of helma schaupp, the church administration has to clarify.